The Kent Women In Business Awards is a wonderful event that celebrates businesswomen all over Kent. It's a great opportunity to give ladies the recognition they deserve as well as a great chance for all of the finalists to meet and network! I was lucky enough to be nominated and get through to the finals - read on to find out how I got on!
In December, I was over the moon to discover I had been out forward and nominated for an award. A month later I was then delighted to make it through as a finalist. Waiting to hear if I had made it through to the finals felt like Christmas Eve - I couldn't sleep, and I kept on checking my emails and the Facebook group to see if there were any updates! But as I hastily scrolled down the page, there was my name - and I'd made it as a finalist in TWO categories: Businesswoman of the Year (under 5 years) and Entrepreneur of the Year!! I was so flattered that in such a short space of time since opening, that I had made it through to the finals alongside some other fantastic business owners!
Fast forward to March 6th and the night of the awards! Hair curled, fake tan applied and my trusty strapless bra on (I like to practise what I preach - and a good fitting bra can REALLY make or break a fancy outfit!) I was all ready to sip some prosecco and mingle with the other lovely finalists! After a lovely three course meal (and a few more proseccos!) it was time for the awards ceremony to begin!
As the winners were being announced and they were invited up to the stage to accept their awards, I learnt about so many amazing businesses. From wine tours to digital marketing, there was so much talent in that room! We were told that there were over 60 nominations for each category, so to even make it to the last 10 finalist in both my categories was amazing.....and then they called my name! I was a Runner Up for Entrepeneur of the Year! As I mentioned, I was so thrilled to have even got through to the finals in such a short space of time since opening up The Bra Boss of Kent.
The best thing about being a part of these awards is that it's enabled me to actually sit, reflect and realise just how much I have actually done since opening in back in the summer. When life is busy (and it certainly has been full on!) it is easy for us all to forget just how much we've achieved!
Since opening The Bra Boss of Kent 8 months ago I've achieved the following:
- Renovated Bra Boss HQ and sourced all of the lovely bras I fit & sell.
- Hosted a launch party with my friend Leah at Boho + Bloom Prop Hire, where other brilliant local businesswomen attended (and I fitted Nancy Sorrell!)
- Hosted nine bra fitting events with the help of some amazing local businesses & support groups.
- Attended two Pop Up Business School courses (my business now features in some of their slides!)
- Hosted my first Fizz & Fittings party with a local running group.
- Hosted two W.I talks where I've spoken about how a good bra should fit.
- Featured in the Faversham News ironically on page 3! (But fully clothed I'd like to add!)
- Featured on ITV Meridian News.
- Wrote an article for the wonderful Kent on the Doorstep magazine about maternity bras.
- Had meetings with the local hospitals regarding post surgery bras and they now refer their patients to me post surgery to come and get a good fitting bra.
- Featured in a great International Women's Day photoshoot.
- Finalist for Businesswoman of the Year & Runner Up for Entrepeneur of the Year at the KWIB awards.
- Have 43 reviews with a 5 star rating on Facebook and Google reviews.
- Fitted 104 women at Bra Boss HQ in Faversham!
- Fitted 190 ladies altogether (private fittings & events combined!)
Most importantly I've met the most amazing people along the way! Thank you so much to the ladies who have come to Bra Boss HQ for a bra fitting and discovered their new bra size! The lovely people who have helped me with hosting my bra fitting events, those who have helped by spreading the word about The Bra Boss, everyone following The Bra Boss of Kent on social media, my wonderful friends & family and lastly the Pop Up Business school, who have massively helped me to turn my dreams into a reality!
Now I'm off to go and hang my certificates up on the wall at Bra Boss HQ!
Joanna x x
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Hello, I'm Joanna - a fully qualified bra fitter based in Faversham. Here to help the ladies of Kent, find their perfect bra size!